- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth (I use vegetable broth)
- Soak the rice for about 30 minutes before cooking. This helps give you wonderfully soft rice! Drain/rinse.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
- Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.